Student Welfare Department
Prof. Sagar N. Kharde
Life can be challenging. If you are experiencing personal, emotional, social or academic problems, it is important not to bottle them up, but to do something to address them which may include discussing them with someone who can offer support. It is often possible to resolve problems with the help of a Student Welfare Officer.
Out Student Welfare Officers can provide free, confidential therapeutic support to all students. The service is here to help you address personal or emotional problems that can get in the way of you having a good experience and realizing your full academic and personal potential. It doesn’t matter how big or small your problem is, we are here to listen without judging and work with you to find a way forward. If we can’t help we will know someone who can.
Our Vision & Mission
To encourage students’ individual, academic and integrated development by providing leadership and counseling services and thus prepare them for a diverse, enterprising and global society.
• To provide a comprehensive, harmony, competent and responsive system to facilitate a good learning environment to the students.
• To arrange various leadership, social, extracurricular and counseling programs to inculcate responsibility among students so as to enable them to become productive citizens of the society.
Schemes under Students Welfare Department
Karmveer Bhaurao Patil Earn and Learn Scheme
- Special Guidance Scheme
- Fearless Girl Campaign
- Disaster Management Training
- Personality Development Scheme
- Soft Skill Program
- Students Safety Insurance Scheme
- Student Council
- Youth Festival
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To monitor day to day essential support required for academic and co-curricular activities of students.
• To prepare plan and execute programs for holistic development of the students.
• To nominate student representatives to various bodies of the University in consultation with elected student body.
• To enable students to participate effectively in the management of Hostels and also in organization of the students related activities.
• To advice Student Council as and when required.
• To work with the Assistant Director of Sports, Hostel Wardens, Sport Officer, Cultural Officer for all matters related to students’ Welfare.
• To arrange to depute students to participate events/programmes outside the University.
• To keep in touch with the guardians as and when required.
• To arrange for maintenance of students’ discipline in the Campus.
• To provide leadership for individual students and integrate them with other students.
• To provide care and support for individual students, particularly if they are not used to being away from home.
• Arranging for emergency health service, as and when the need arises.
This office is committed to student wellbeing and betterment under the leadership of Prof. S. N. Kharde. It strives for the all-round development of the students in all spheres of life through counseling & various other student-oriented programs.